The indoor dog potty is the answer for busy dog owners who aren’t always available (or willing) to venture out into the elements to walk their dog. Summer heat can hit a dangerous level, and winter flurries can morph into a polar vortex in a matter of hours. Newly-trained small dogs and older dogs with bladder problems may need a “safe area” in the house. It’s good to have a plan B during those times to keep you and your dog protected from extreme weather.
5 Best Indoor Dog Potty Reviews for 2019
Indoor dog potties come with a variety of different features to meet your needs and the needs of your pooch. There are different solutions for large dogs and small dogs, and solutions for dogs that expel frequently and those that expel once or twice a day. The type of potty you choose really depends on your preferences so especially relevant, this post will stick to indoor dog potties with top reviews. Furthermore, self-cleaning units, which are popular, will not be covered in this post.
Collar 1: Fresh Patch
- PET-TRAINING MADE EASY: Fresh sod mat helps dogs learn faster not to urinate and poop inside.
- CONVENIENT: Great potty option for indoor or older dogs; perfect for an apartment, balcony or porch.
- EXTRA-ABSORBENT: Doggy mat soaks up liquids and odors so your space stays clean and smelling nice.
You may remember Fresh Patch from its appearance on the popular ABC pitch show Shark Tank. The web-based company delivers real, living, hydroponically-grown grass patches to help dog owners housebreak their dogs. The Standard Fresh Patch box arrives at your door shipped in a sturdy, leak- resistant 24” x 16” x 3” cardboard box that the grass can remain in until your new Fresh Patch box arrives.
The popular Amazon product comes in three sizes to accommodate the size of your dog. At 12” X 16”, the Fresh Patch mini is suitable for dogs under 10 lbs. The standard Fresh Patch is for dogs between 10 and 25 pounds while large dogs over 25 pounds can upgrade to the Fresh Patch XL, which is 2’ x 4’.
Also, you can make one-time purchases of Fresh Patch boxes for $24 to $40, or sign up for a subscription at a reduced rate.
Collar 2: PuppyGoHere Dog Litter Pan
- Great for Senior Cats that can't cope with a traditional litter box. Rabbits too!
- Great alternative for working families or apartment living.
- Helps to avoid accidents: the puppy always has a place to go, when you can't take them out.
Another popular option for indoor dog potties is the Dog Litter Pan by PuppyGoHere that comes in two sizes and a range of colors. Large pans are 20” x 24” X 5” and accommodate dogs up to 20 pounds. while small pans are 15” X 20” X 5” and accommodate dogs up to 6 pounds. Cat and rabbit owners who use the litter pan can order the pan and sand together, while dog owners may choose to order puppy pads instead.
Collar 3: Klean Paws Indoor Dog Potty
- KEEPS PAWS DRY - high quality perforated grate will allow pee to flow directly below your pets feet into the training...
- NO MORE TORN PUPPY PADS - easy snap on/off grate system will prevent teething puppies from getting to training pads or...
- SAVE MONEY ON PADS - since your puppies paws will be dry and they can’t chew them up, you can use pads longer. You...
The Klean Paws dog potty is a puppy pad holder tray covered by a high-quality grate that sits one inch over the puppy pad. Dogs do their business while standing on the mesh lid so you don’t have to worry about wet paws tracking a mess through the house. The Klean Paws tray is 21.5” X 1.2” X 16.5” and ships at just two pounds.
Klean Paw tucks neatly into dog crates, giving your dog a safe place in the house, hwon’t result in a mess. The mesh lid keeps eliminates the problem of torn puppy pads while u dog may drag all over the house. Also, Klean Paws retails for around $30 each.
Collar 4: Pet Zen Garden Premium Artificial Grass Patch
- EXTRA-LUSH SYNTHETIC GRASS: While other artificial grass patches feel rough, look sparse, are designed with questionable...
- BEAUTIFUL REALISTIC LOOK: Don't settle for a synthetic grass mat that looks obviously fake. The blades on our outdoor...
- DESIGNED TO LAST: Through rain or sunshine, pet poop or pee, this premium synthetic grass mat holds up durably without...
Pet Zen Garden offers an artificial grass patch dog potty that is intended for long-term use with the thick, lush, four-tone grass patch is made from a lightweight polyethylene and polypropylene yarn that will withstand frequent traffic from your pooch without fading or separating.
Just beneath the 1.6-inch grass is a map of strategically-placed drainage holes to drain urine away from the mat and keep your dog’s paws clean and dry. Cleaning PZG’s artificial grass patch is as simple as hosing it off. The mat ranges from three square feet to 304 square feet in size and is made to be used on porches, patios, and areas in and around the house that is not major traffic thoroughfares in your home. In addition, the mat has a rubber backing that secures the mat to the floor to keep it from sliding. Pet Zen Garden’s artificial grass patch sells for $21 and up.
Collar 5: Doggie Lawn
Another company that provides real grass indoor dog potty boxes is DoggieLawn, a subscription-based services that ships environmentally-friendly dog grass patches to your home weekly, bi-weekly, every three weeks or once a month, based on your needs. Each subscription is a flat rate that you pay whenever you grass ships and customers also get a reusable tray to hold the grass neatly in place. DoggieLawn grass patches come in two sizes, depending on your dog’s size and the number of dogs who will be using the indoor dog potty. An XL DoggieLawn is 24” X 48” and retails for $55 while the medium DoggieLawn grass patch is 20” X 24” and retails for $34. Consequently, matching trays are available in each size. Monthly subscriptions are considerably cheaper, coming in at between $26 and $28 per grass patch shipment.
In conclusion, whether your dog is most comfortable going on puppy pads or on the smell of fresh-cut grass, you will consequently, find a solution that satisfies the both of you.