Pet shedding season is upon us. And that means more sniffles, more sneezing, and way more cat hair on your office attire than should ever be.
While you love Fluffy and Fido, you don’t love wearing them to work. And that means you need a vacuum cleaner that will suck up their hair and keep you from needing to roll on six foot wide sticky tape before exiting the house.
|The Dyson DC59 Motorhead|
|The Dyson DC34|
|The Ecovacs Deebot N79|
|The Neato XV-21|
How to Decide on the Best Vacuum for Pet Hair
While it’s easy for us to give suggestions we think you’ll love, you’ve got to investigate your options thoroughly yourself.
Look at things like the weight and size, and battery life for hand-held and cordless vacuums. Be sure to note what attachments come with the vacuum cleaners you’re looking at.
Other things to look for in a vacuum cleaner include:
- Motor strength
- Brush shape and size
- Canister capacity
- Ease of cleaning features
- Space needed for storage
We thought we’d offer a short list for you, and give you some of the best vacuum for pet hair options we could find.
Best Stick Vacuum for Pet Hair
The Dyson DC59 Motorhead
- This is an O.E.M. authorized part
- Compatible with DC59 Motorhead, DC59 Motorhead, Dyson V6 Motorhead, Dyson V6 Motorhead Exclusive, Dyson V6 Motorhead...
- OEM Part Number 966084-01
This sweet little stick vacuum comes highly recommended by pet owners and review sites. This awesome vacuum cleaner is amazing at sucking up pet hair, is light-weight, and comes with goodies you’ll love for getting to those hard to reach places.
The Dyson DC59 Motorhead is a cordless vacuum, which means you can take it anywhere. Power it up for a dash to the car for clean up after taking Fido to the vet. Then, work your way up the stairs that your pup always uses to go outside through his favorite doggy dog.
The Dyson DC59 Motorhead uses easy action triggers to start and stop, as well as to empty the easy-to-clean canister. This makes for easy use for the kids’ chores, as well as a quick tidy-up before the in-laws drop in.
The Best Hand-Held Vacuum for Pet Hair
The Dyson DC34
- The Dyson DC34 , powered by the Dyson digital motor that spins up to three times faster than conventional electric...
- Root Cyclone technology -Patented technology that doesn't lose suction power as you vacuum
- 22.2 volt Lithium-ion battery -Releases charge evenly with no drop off and recharges up to three times faster than...
The Dyson DC34 is another great pet vacuum from the Dyson DC series. This one’s a hand-held, though, so it works great for getting into tight spaces. It comes with great accessories like the Animal, which is a four inch wide customized brush head designed specifically for vacuuming up that obnoxious pet hair that Fluffy so happily leaves lying around in clumps.
The DC34 is one of the most powerful hand-held vacuums on the market, and has a great battery life. It’s exceptionally easy to clean, and has easy handling. We think you’re going to love this one, if you’re looking for a hand-held.
Best Robot Vacuums for Pet Hair
What is a Robot Vacuum?
If you’re not entirely sure what we mean by robot vacuum and keep picturing something out of weird Sci-Fi horror pictures, you’ll be glad to know that we just mean a vacuum cleaner with automated settings. Most robotic vacuums have easy to use functions that allow you to schedule cleanings throughout the day while you’re away from home.
The Ecovacs Deebot N79
- Smart Phone App Controls: Schedule & track cleaning sessions, accessory status, battery life, & receive error alerts....
- Smart Motion Navigation & 3-Tier Cleaning System: Direct suction vacuum, helix brush-roll, dual side brushes combined...
- Anti-Collision & Drop Sensor Protection: Comprehensive, intelligent sensor safety technology plus soft, durable...
One of the absolute best robotic vacuums for pet hair, the Deebot N79 will go after Fluffy’s hairballs without much effort. Schedule this vacuum from your phone on an app specifically designed by Ecovacs. Once it knows the schedule, it will leave its docking station and go around your home, cleaning up all the basic messes around.
The Deebot has great sucking power action, which is perfect for pet hair and dust mites. This little machine also has an anti-drop sensor, which means you can put it upstairs to clean up there while you’re gone, and you won’t have to worry about it falling down the stairs or off of ledges.
The Neato XV-21
- Neato XV-21 Pet and allergy automatic vacuum, charging base, boundary marker
- Features: Powerful cleaning system specially designed for pet owners and allergy sufferers
- High performance vacuum removes all kinds of dirt and cleans all floors: carpets, rugs, hardwood, laminates, tile, and...
Another on our list for the best vacuum for pet hair, the Neato XV-21 is specifically designed for animal lovers who want to keep a clean home. The Neato can be programmed to repeat cleanings multiple times each day, going along its grid system, sucking up massive amounts of pet hair, and keeping your place clean all day long. For those with allergies, this is especially important.
This nifty little machine has a pretty wide docking area, too, which means it will have an easy time getting back into its dock when it’s time to recharge.
Your Best Vacuum for Pet Hair
We can give you suggestions and ideas. We can even give you links to review sites and commentary from professionals in the industry, but the as you look for your vacuum to clean up after Fido, be sure to read more than one review, and more than one blog post about any given vacuum. Quality vacuum cleaners aren’t cheap, so you shouldn’t risk your money on something you’re not sure about.