If your indoor/outdoor cat has started attracting fleas into your home, it’s time to change that flea collar. But before you just toss on any old collar, you should look into the reviews and ratings to find the best flea collars for cats. After all, a weak collar can give you a false sense of security that could lead to a full-out flea invasion of your home.
Here’s our list of the top ten best flea collars for cats, as suggested by actual users across the internet.
Flea Collar 1: Bayer Seresto Flea & Tick Collar
- Seresto large dog flea and tick collar provides 8 months of continuous flea and tick prevention
- Bayer Seresto collar works through contact, killing and repelling fleas and ticks, so they don't have to bite your dog...
- Active ingredients imidacloprid and flumethrin are slowly and continuously released in low concentrations, spreading...
This may be the very best flea collar for cats. It’s got the top rating for flea prevention on nearly every review site.
This collar is long-lasting, which means you save time and money. It’s effective at staving off fleas and ticks, and has a reflective piece that makes for easier night-time visibility. It’s odorless, and is a breakaway, so your cat is safe if he needs to get loose quickly from a fence or post.
Flea Collar 2: ProGuard Plus II Flea & Tick Collar
- 24/7 EFFECTIVE AND SAFE. Our collar is made from 100% natural oils to keep your cat pest-free. It has new 2018 formula...
- 8 MONTHS Protection. No more remembering each month when you last time applied flea medicine to your cat. This collar...
- VET-RECOMMENDED. Fleas and other insects cause itching and secondary infections. They can cause anemia and other...
The Pro Guard Plus II is safe for kittens and cats over the age of eight weeks, and can be trimmed down to the right size for any cat. This collar gives protection for six months, and normally doesn’t need to be partnered with flea shampoos. That means you save time and money. If you live in a particularly bad area, or are taking your cat to a place with higher exposure to ticks and fleas, you can use this collar in combination with topical treatments for short periods of time for added protection.
Flea Collar 3: Only Natural Pet Easy Defense Flea & Tick Cat Collar
- All-natural flea & tick collar designed by scientists and tested and approved by vets to give your cat a safe and...
- Long lasting, water resistant protection for up to 3 Full Months!
- Safe, powerful combination of non-toxic ingredients, including Geraniol, along with citronella, citronella oil, and...
The Easy Defense is the natural ingredient pick for best flea collars for cats. Using only completely natural ingredients, this collar smells like peppermint, which most cats will enjoy, since mint is a cousin of the catnip plant.
Customers say this collar is great at warding off fleas, and since it’s all natural, they feel more confident allowing their cats to wear this collar year round, whether indoors or outdoors. Some say that this collar has effectively helped their cats with skin irritations as well, since the natural ingredients contain healing properties.
Flea Collar 4: BioSpot Active Care Flea & Tick Collar for Cats
This flea collar is for cats over 12 months old. It kills of fleas, ticks, larvae and eggs, and lasts up to seven months. The BioSpot Active collar is a breakaway collar, to help keep Fluffy safe if he gets in a jam. This collar is specifically great for larger cats, as it has a bit more length than some brands.
Flea Collar 5: Adams Plus Flea & Tick Collar
This collar is perfect for an indoor/outdoor kitty. You’ll have results quickly, and the protection lasts up to 8 months long.
The Adams Plus collar attacks fleas and ticks, as well as the eggs and larvae of fleas — which means no on-going battle with new creepy crawlies. The collar helps you prevent fleas without topical ointments, and stops the infestation in partnership with shampoos and ointments, if your house has already been invaded.
Flea Collar 6: Beloved Pets Flea & Tick Collar
- [ANTI-BARK TRAINING WITH 7 PROGRESSIVE SENSITIVITY LEVELS] - Each time your dog barks, the collar activates a tone then...
- [HUMANE PROTECTION MODE] - this bark collar will go into sleep mode for 1min if it activated 7 times within 40 seconds...
- [NO POINTY COMPONENTS FOR COMFORT FIT & SAFETY] - No need to worry about sharp metal prongs causing skin burn or...
This completely non-toxic flea collar from Beloved Pets is a safe, effective flea fighting tool. It offers four months’ worth of protection, and comes in a variety of sizes, perfect for your feline friend. You’ll start to see results in one week, with complete elimination of fleas in about two weeks’ time.
The Beloved Pets Flea & Tick collar is ideal for nursing cats, because of its completely non-toxic nature.
Flea Collar 7: Zodiac Breakaway Flea & Tick Collar for Cats
This budget friendly flea and tick collar from Zodiac offers seven months of protection, and the breakaway feature that can help save your cat from choking if she gets caught in a fence somewhere.
This collar is water-resistant, starts working on contact, and works best in combination with other treatments like capsules or topical ointment for optimum results. This is a great collar for those with bad flea outbreaks where a collar itself isn’t enough, since it’s safe to use year-round, even with other treatments.
Only Get the Best Flea Collar for Your Cat
If your cat is swarming with fleas, or you’re aiming to prevent them all together, a great solution is a strong, safe flea and tick collar. We’ve gathered together a list of the best flea collars for cats here. All of them have high ratings from real customers with real cats, and will help you treat the problem.
Some companies recommend using their collars in partnership with topical flea treatments and shampoos, while others do not. Always be sure to read the instructions carefully, and use only as directed.