If you travel a lot, or have a cat who can sometimes struggle with separation anxiety, a cat camera could be a really great option for helping your kitty out.
Pet sitters are great and all, but they’re not the same thing as mama or papa checking in on Fluffy and giving her a treat after a long, lonely day.
This is our list of the best cat cameras, and they come with some great features that will help to keep your kitty happy, active, and connected to you from anywhere in the world.
PetCube Interactive Wi-Fi Pet Camera
Petzi Treat Cam: Wi-Fi Camera and Treat Dispenser
Pawbo Pet Camera
Motorola Pet Scout66 Wi-Fi HD Pet Monitoring Camera
Eyenimal Cat Video Camera
5 Best Cat Camera
Cat Camera 1 — PetCube Interactive Wi-Fi Pet Camera
- MONITOR 24/7 FROM YOUR PHONE: With Petcube Play Wi-Fi pet cam, check on your pet day or night with clear 1080p HD video,...
- CHAT WITH YOUR PET: With two-way audio you can speak to your pets and hear them bark or meow back. Tell them you love...
- PLAY FROM YOUR PHONE: Play with your fur baby with the built-in pet safe laser. You can control the laser movement...
The PetCute Interactive Wi-Fi Pet Camera is at the top of our list for best cat cameras. This amazing piece of technology ranks pretty high with others, and here’s why:
108p HD camera with wide angle lens
Takes photo and video footage via your smartphone
2-way radio with which to talk and listen to your cat
Laser pointer device for playtime while you’re out and kitty is stuck at home
Comes in a variety of colors
Cat Camera 2 — Petzi Treat Cam: Wi-Fi Camera and Treat Dispenser
- A fun and easy way to connect with and treat your pet from anywhere
- Watch the excitement on your pet’s face when you pop in
- Dispense your pet’s favorite treat with the Petzi treat launcher for a big smile, say hello to your pet through the...
One of the highest rated cat cameras is the Petzi. This fantastic little machine comes with four options to connect with your kitty. You run these options via your smartphone with the app provided by Petzi.
This function allows you to say hello to Tom and Princess via high quality audio. If you’ve got a cat that needs the reassuring sound of your voice on the regular, this feature could make the difference between a calm day alone and a day driven by panic attacks.
Of course, this basic function is the one that lets you look around your home, checking in on kitty and his habits during the day. This is a great feature for any cat lover, but especially great for keeping an eye on young kittens that tend to get into trouble when left to their own devices.
Who wouldn’t want pictures of kitty throughout the day? If you connect visually and know your cat is in photo range, you can snap a photo while she’s playing, unaware of you watching her. This can make for some really great action shots you couldn’t get otherwise.
This is probably Fluffy’s favorite feature. While you’re away, you can use your smartphone to dispense a treat for kitty and remind her that you love her.
Cat Camera 3 — Pawbo Pet Camera
- Pawbo Life camera (PPC-21CL) w/ 720p HD live video, 130° wide-angle lens, and 4x digital room, capture and record every...
- Built-in microphone/speaker/laser/treat dispenser let you listen, talk and reward your pet's favorite snack or play &...
- Instant social sharing: snap photos and share your pet and family's adorable images on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
We love the Pawbo for many reasons. Your cat will, too. First off, this fantastic camera offers the standard features like a camera and video recording. The video, however, is higher quality than most, at 720p HD, and the lens on the camera gives a wide 110-degree angle.
There’s also a revolving treat tray that lets you give Tom his treats whenever you feel he needs a pick-me-up. But, on top of that, there’s also a laser dot game feature. You can help Tom get his exercise while you’re out and about, too. You can also set your special ringtone to call Kitty to the snack tray, or speak to him through a microphone.
Cat Camera 4 — Motorola Pet Scout66 Wi-Fi HD Pet Monitoring Camera
- Remote HD quality video streaming (requires internet access via Wi-Fi)
- Set up in seconds using the Free Hubble App
- Motion triggered recording and image snapshots (requires compatible viewing device with storage capability)
The Motorola PetScout66 is the best cat camera in the mid-tech, more budget friendly pet camera range. This pet camera offers the standard features of live video feed, but also offers two unique features: Infrared night vision, and temperature monitoring of the environment. If you’ve got a temperature sensitive kitty, this camera might be the best option for you to help keep her comfortable.
Cat Camera 5 — Eyenimal Cat Video Camera
This nifty little camera is a bit unique. Instead of looking in on your cat, this camera allows you experience the world as she does. You clip the Eyenimal to your cat’s collar, and watch the world from her perspective as she explores and moves about. It’s got 4GB memory built in, and is water-resistant. It’s also got night vision up to six and a half feet away from kitty. This camera comes complete with a rechargeable battery and a one-year warranty.
Keep Close Watch on Your Cat
When your kitty gets lonely while you’re away, or when you’re missing Fluffy more than maybe you might admit, a pet camera is the perfect way to keep in touch.
You can choose a camera with more basic features like the Motorola PetScout66, or go more high-tech with the PetCube Interactive or Petzi Treat Camera. With laser pointer options, treat dispensing functions, and two way radios and video functions, one of these amazing pet cameras will meet your expectations for interactive away time from your cat.